CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER (CSO)
- Maintain an active membership on the ship and in the Federation®.
- Have completed the required courses of study provided by the Federation® for the purpose of authorizing promotion to that rank (Commanding Officer course, Officer Candidate course, and Staff Officer course)
- Hold the minimum rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade in the Federation®
- Maintain that position until the Commanding Officer calls for a vote for replacement. The procedure to be as set forth in Change of Command (section 1.3).
- Function as the fifth in command.
- Sit as a member of the Command Staff.
- Assist in the coordination of activities for the ship including the acquiring of maps, directions, information on fees or tolls.
- Assist any crew member in the acquisition of science, science fiction, or associated material in video, audio, or print media. All such cases must be of a legal nature.
- The Chief Science Officer reports to the Executive Officer.