CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO)
- Maintain an active membership on the ship and in the Federation®.
- Have completed the required courses of study provided by the Federation® for the purpose of authorizing promotion to that rank (Commanding Officer course, Officer Candidate course, and Staff Officer course)
- Hold the minimum rank of Lieutenant in the Federation® and no more than one rank below the Executive Officer
- Maintain that position until the Commanding Officer calls for a vote for replacement. The procedure to be as set forth in Change of Command (section 1.3).
- Function as the third in command and provide a leadership role when and if the CO and XO are unable to do so.
- Serve as the ship’s Chief Financial Officer, having the responsibility of providing an accurate record of all funds.
- The Operation Officer reports to the Executive Officer.