CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER (CMO)
- Maintain an active membership on the ship and in the Federation®.
- Have completed the required courses of study provided by the Federation® for the purpose of authorizing promotion to that rank (Commanding Officer course, Officer Candidate course, and Staff Officer course)
- Hold the minimum rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade in the Federation®
- Maintain that position until the Commanding Officer calls for a vote for replacement. The procedure to be as set forth in Change of Command (section 1.3).
- Function as the fifth in command.
- Assist the crew as a source of medical information and shall provide assistance in the case of injury while at ship’s functions.
- Maintain an up to date file of medical needs of the ship’s crew and be able to put together a packets to be used during any ship’s function as a reference in case of medical
- The Chief Medical Officer reports to the Executive Officer.