COMMANDING OFFICER (CO – aka Captain)
Shall function as the president of the group having the responsibility of providing a leadership role and shall be required to:
- Maintain an active membership on the ship and in the Federation®.
- Have completed the required courses of study provided by the Federation® for the purpose of authorizing promotion to that rank (Commanding Officer course, Officer Candidate course, and Staff Officer course)
- Hold the minimum rank of Commander in the Federation®
- Maintain that position until the Commanding Officer calls for a vote for replacement. The procedure to be as set forth in Change of Command (section 1.3).
- Be ready and willing to accept all responsibilities of command including the filing and maintaining of all reports, the assignments of ship’s crew, and providing leadership to the members of the ship.
- Be able to coordinate the actions of the crew, schedule and organize the meetings of the ship, designate locations, and preside over the meetings within the precepts of good order.
- To foster a feeling of comradeship within the crew of the ship.
- Shall lead by example and is expected to act as a liaison between the Federation®, other ships, and the crew of the USS NATHAN HALE.
- To take action to provide the smooth working of the crew and provide a means of solving internal problems whether between ship members or between members and the Federation®.
- Submit in a timely manner all Federation® reports.
- The commanding officer shall continue in that position as long as there is no desire by another person within the crew to take that position, and the Captain performs the required duties as specified within the bylaws of the Federation®.